Thursday, February 21, 2008

Long Hours...



Been putting a lot of work into the six pieces that will be in the Gallery Opening Friday. I was originally going to do some articulated paper dolls very similar to the ones I've been making in the recent past, but I've ended up creating layered paper assemblage figures that are much more detailed and involved. I'll post the final results after the Opening is over since I'd like them to be a surprise to anyone who attends tomorrow... But I must say I'm very pleased with them so far.
They're much more intricate than most things I've been working on recently. Many long hours into the night (and morning) will culminate tomorrow evening when I hand off my last three framed pieces to Kari at the gallery! The place itself looks great, although Kari insists that she has an impossible amount of work left to finish before Friday night. Wish us both luck in finishing in time!

No comments: